“I am more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world.” Lionel Messi
Personal Social Health Education
There are five key areas covered by the Personal Social Health Education curriculum:
- Health: healthy eating, drugs and alcohol awareness, sex and relationship education, mental health.
- Citizenship: rights and responsibilities, diversity & racism, Democracy, the media, government and anti-social behaviour.
- Future Destinations (Careers): GCSE options, transition post-16, searching & applying for a job, career planning, C.V. & interview skills, work experience.
- Enterprise: enterprise & the community, economic ideas, managing money, innovation.
- Safeguarding: E. Safety, road safety, stranger danger, abuse.
Aims of the PSHE course
- to contribute to the development of students at Hope High into well-rounded, engaged and positive individuals
- to engage students as active members of the school and wider community.
- to equip students with key life-skills and a secure knowledge of the most important issues facing our society