Coronavirus Advice & Support
We are following government guidance and advice which is updated on a daily basis in how we can minimise the risk Coronavirus is currently presenting.
You can find up to date guidance by following the link below.
Coronavirus School Closure
Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that are typically mild, such as some cases of the common cold (though rarer forms can be cause significant harm to individuals with pre-exisiting respiratory conditions.
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. Because it's a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person. Similar viruses are spread in cough droplets.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
We as a school are helping prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19 by:
- Supporting pupils with their hygiene - using government posters on thorough hand washing (see below), these are posted throughout the school
- Asking pupils to wash their hand upon entering school building, before lunch and at the end of the school day.
- Hand Sanitizers are stationed at various points around the building
- Encouraging pupils to sneeze into tissue, and then bin it, alternatively sneeze into the crooked elbow of sleeve
- Asking pupils to wash hands after sneezing and/or coughing
- Staff are modelling best practise on hygiene throughout the school
- All staff wash hands repeatedly throughout school day, and upon entrance and exit of building.
- Staff are using hand sanitizers upon entrance and exit of building, including repeatedly throughout school day
- All counters, tables, phone, keyboards, IPADs and Laptops are saniitized daily.
- We are currently limiting visitors to the school
- We are completing dynamic risk assessments to judge the necessity of visitors to the building
- We are currently limiting the number of home visits, courses and educational trips
- We are completing dynamic risk assessments to judge the necessity of trips staff and pupils must make outside the building